The coldest temperatures and lowest wind chills of the 2016-17 winter season so far are expected today through Friday:
- Today: Highs in the 20s. Wind chills of 0 to 10 above.
- Tonight into Friday Morning: Lows 5 to around 15 above zero. Wind chills 5 above to near 10 below zero.
- Friday: Highs in the 20s. Wind chills moderating.
To prepare for these extremely cold temperatures, ensure your home and car heaters are working properly, drain or insulate exposed pipes, and dress in layers:here
A Wind Advisory is in Effect for Today with a High Wind Warning Tonight: Damaging Wind Potential…causing downed trees and powerlines:
- Today: Sustained winds of 20-30 mph. Wind gusts around 40 mph, increasing up to 50 mph by noon today.
- Tonight: Sustained winds of 20-30 mph. Wind gusts up to 60 mph. Winds diminish towards sunrise Friday.
Wintry Mix expected Friday Night into Saturday:
- Low pressure is expected to bring accumulating snow Friday night into early Saturday morning.
- For more comprehensive Snow Accumulation Potential and Probability information, view our winter webpage here
- Snow mixes with sleet and freezing rain Saturday morning, but only briefly for coastal sections…changing to rain from south to north through Saturday morning.
- Very cold ground temps will present a lingering road icing threat into Saturday afternoon…particularly across interior.
For the latest forecasts and discussions, please monitor www.weather.gov/okx.
*Content is copyrighted by the respective owners*
Buying or selling a home in Putnam, Westchester or Dutchess County?
Rental Search Putnam County